Friday, October 16, 2009

Uni-ball Signo DX 0.38mm Lime Green

I'm sure many of you already know about the Uni-ball Signo DX, but I'm still discovering these pens so I thought I would share my thoughts on it with you.



First of all, I absolutely love this pen!

The fine line width (o.38mm) is great as it allows me to write very finely and neatly. The Uni-ball Signo DX is also available in 0.28mm, which I would also like to try. This pen writes very smoothly - I have never experienced any skipping or scratchiness with it - and it requires very little pressure when writing, which is good for me as I tend to grip my pens very firmly and press down quite firmly onto the page.

I love the lime green colour, which is light and bright without being too light to read easily (the writing sample does not do it justice). I definitely prefer this shade of green to the basic "ballpoint green" which is dull and uninspiring.

The physical appearance of the Uni-ball Signo DX is not particularly exciting. It is basic and functional but not as eye-catching and smart-looking as the similar Pentel Slicci. The grip of the Uni-ball Signo DX does not seem to come down far enough towards the tip but that may just be due to the way in which I hold my pen.

Overall, however, I absolutely love the Uni-ball Signo DX!

(I have also just figured out how to create triptychs using Photoshop, hence the pen photo at the beginning of the post.)

Related reviews: A Penchant for Paper (green black version), Pocket Blonde, No Pen Intended, Tools & Toys, Gourmet Pens, The Pen Addict (red), Kataish, The Pen Addict (bordeaux black), The Pen Addict (pink), The Pen Addict

6 comments:

  1. I've been hoping to find a pretty green with a finer line - I think I'll pick one of these up! Thank you for your helpful review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found my review helpful, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review on one of my favorite gel pens though I tend to stick to the black version for skeching. Might just have to try a couple of color versions on my next Jet Pens order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with this line of pens. I especially love the dark brown, and can always be found with a few colors on me! They're the best. That lime green looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this and all the Signo DX reviews. As I prepare a maiden Jet Pens order that includes multiple Signos, I am heartened to hear that this pen will work well with a physically heavy writing style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you've found my reviews helpful, losabio! I that you pass by again here in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...