Monday, January 18, 2010

A Post on Planners, Part Two

My second planner is a simple black 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" binder (the "Classic" size on D*I*Y Planner).  While my other planner is my school planner, this one is my personal planner.  I do not carry it around with me, and most of the time it stays either on the shelf or (closed) on my desk.  I usually only refer to it once or twice a day, as opposed to my school planner, which I will refer to several times throughout the day.  Because of its larger size, this planner is not as portable, but in this case, that doesn't matter.  I keep a black 0.7mm Uni-ball Signo Gel Grip clipped to the pages so that I always have a pen handy.



One of the things I love about this planner is that I was able to pick the exact pages that suited my needs.  D*I*Y Planner has so many planner templates available that it is easy to go a little crazy when designing a planner, but I tried to keep it fairly simple.  These are the pages I ended up with:
  • Harmony - Basically, the Harmony form allows you to make four goals, related to the physical, social, mental, and spiritual aspects of your life; to make one central goal for the week; to keep track of your major projects and identify certain aspects to accomplish in each during the week; and to identify your major roles and things to accomplish for each one.  So far, I've found that using the Harmony form has been a great way to organize the various aspects of my life and to stay focused on my central goals.
  • Habits - I am using this for daily habits that I want to create, for example, exercise, meditation, and writing in my journal.  Every day, I put an X across the box to show that I did that activity (or not, as the case may be).  Hopefully, this form will help me to accomplish some of my goals for 2010.
  • Matrix - For keeping track of my daily exercises, such as how long I do each exercise.
  • Checklist - This sounded so basic and useful I had to add it as well but I haven't actually used this form yet.  Perhaps a list of pens to buy?  Or maybe of books?
  • Meal Planner - An attempt to reduce the feeling of dread that often occurs around suppertime when I realize I have no idea what I'm going to make.  This form will help me to plan my meals for an entire week, as well as to figure out what ingredients I'll need to buy on my weekly shopping trip.
  • Recipe Jotter - If I come across a recipe I particularly enjoy, I can jot it down here, complete with the quantities adjusted for one person.
I really hope this personal planner will help me to accomplish my goals and to stay organized and healthy.  Have you ever used D*I*Y Planner forms?  If so, which ones and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...