Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pilot Hi-Tec-C 0.4mm Olive

While I have reviewed the Coleto (multi-pen) version of the Pilot Hi-Tec-C here, I have not previously reviewed the standard version.  Again, I suspect that this a pen with which many readers will already be familiar.


The Pilot Hi-Tec-C is a great pen.  It writes just as well as other fine-tipped gel pens that I have reviewed here in the past, such as my beloved Pentel Slicci and the Uni-ball Signo DX.  Although I have heard that these pens can be slow to start writing, I have not noticed this so far.  It may be more noticeable with the finer 0.3mm and 0.25mm versions.

Although I love the look of the needle-point tip, it can be a bit fragile.  I know from experience that the tip can bend if too much pressure is used when writing.  However, because this is a gel pen and not a ballpoint and because it writes so smoothly, you should not need to use that much pressure.

The Pilot Hi-Tec-C will not win any points for its overall physical appearance, as it is fairly bland.  Still it is very functional and I have no major objections to it either.  (I quite appreciate the satisfying click the lid makes attached to either top or bottom.)  When a pen writes this well, who cares what it looks like?

Finally, I love the olive green colour of this pen.  It is a more sophisticated, subtle, and mature shade than the brighter greens that are more commonly found.  I wouldn't mind if it was slightly darker, but it is certainly acceptable as it is.  (The colour appears slightly darker in the photo that it is in reality.)

Related reviews: Gourmet Pens, The Pen Addict (grape), The Pen Addict (soda blue), The Pen Addict (venet), Rhonda Eudaly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...