Monday, July 26, 2010

From the Art Journal: Grid


These pages were simple and relaxing to make, from the measuring and cutting out of the squares of paper, to the careful positioning and gluing of them on the page.  The result is a sampler of my favourite colours: lots of browns and greens and deep oranges, all sorts of muted earth tones.  The inspiration for these pages came from iHanna's Grid of Pretty Papers, where she did a similar thing with squares of paper, although her colours are entirely different from mine.

I also urge you to check out iHanna's Travel Journal Flip Through Video.  Her journal seems wonderfully spontaneous and informal and far more interesting than mine.  You may also like to check out some of the latest art journal pages in an altered book that have been posted at Daisy Yellow, another inspiring blog: Messy Pink, Red.black, and Red.orange.

Finally, you can now contact me directly through email!  I have been meaning to do this for a while, for anyone who has questions that they want to ask me directly, or who wants to offer me office or art supplies to review (hint, hint).  You can email me at: heather[dot]papertrees[at]gmail[dot]com (replacing the [dot] and [at] with the appropriate symbols, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...