Friday, August 9, 2013

Link Love: 5 Topics I Love to Read About

For the month of August I've decided to participate in Daisy Yellow's mission to share the link love.  Each Friday in August has a different theme of links to share.  This Friday is topics you love to read or write about.  Five of my favourite topics are:

  1. Journal pages and the journaling process: I love seeing other people's journal pages, and if they include a video of their journaling process along with their post, that's even better.  Check out Jenny Frith's recent journal pages and video - I love the way her pages look and develop.
  2. Reviews of interesting products to try: I love reading and writing product reviews!  I especially enjoy reading reviews of products that I'm not already familiar with, such as this Pentel Sign Pen reviewed by Azizah of Gourmet Pens.  This is a simple, classic, inexpensive pen that looks like it would be great for doodling.  I think I'll have to try out a few of the colours...
  3. Weekly planner or diary pages: Productivity is a topic that I've been interested in a lot lately, so I love seeing how others use their planners to organize their daily lives.  Angela of Paper Lovestory shares her pages every week (here's her most recent week), and I'm always amazed at how colourful and interesting her pages are with stickers, washi tape, post-it notes, and different colours of ink.  Millie also shares her planner pages occasionally, and here are her most recent weeks; I like how she uses her planner to track the books she's read and the films she's watched.
  4. The creative process: I like thinking about the creative process, and how other people's experiences are similar to (or different from) my own.  Quinn McDonald (the author of Raw Art Journaling, which I reviewed here last fall) often ponders interesting questions about the creative process.  Here she is talking about making space - a task that is a continual work-in-progress for me.
  5. Nature photos and writing: Although this is not as relevant to the topic of this blog, nature photography is one of my main hobbies.  Two of my favourite nature photographers and bloggers are Bo Mackison of Seeded Earth and Cate Kerr of Beyond the Fields We Know.  (I also occasionally share my own photos at my other blog.)

What are your favourite topics to read and write about?

10 comments:

  1. Yes, great topics all of them and some of my favorites too. Thanks for a great link list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love those daily planner pages so much! Thank you for sharing your faves with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started following a Seeded Earth. I am new to photography and his photos are inspiring. Thank you for sharing your links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing with us. Didn't know that Pentel Sign has so many colour options, the black one (boring) is one of my every day tools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More colours are always great! I've never used the Pentel Sign Pen myself, but now I want to try it out.

      Delete
  5. I also share my DIY planner pages at www.schoolsupplydance.blogspot.com. Thanks for sharing these other sites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just looking at your planner pages the other day, Melinda! I'll be over there in a while to leave you a comment :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for mentioning me :) I'm glad you like my pages. I've looked at notebook pages for years on the web so I wanted to share mine and inspire someone!

    On a different topic, I can't remember if I ever told you directly about this book, although I did blog about it: http://mslogica.com/2011/07/field-notes-on-science-and-nature/ I think you'd really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, your pages have inspired me! I'm thinking of doing a similar project next year.

      And thanks for the book recommendation! I will take a look at it.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the link and for the kind words about my weeks :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...